The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission is asking the public to provide feedback on the state’s wildlife regulations. Any comments or concerns can be provided by going to the Regulation Survey to take a quick online survey.
The following considerations are being surveyed for the 2014-15 season:
- Move the bear archery season opening day to the last Saturday in September to coincide with opening day of deer archery season.
- Split the modern gun bear season in bear zones 1 and 2 to coincide with modern gun deer seasons.
- Increase the bear zone 1 quota from 200 to 250 bears.
- Provide youth only dates during public and private land elk hunts.
- Prohibit the use or possession of alcohol on Commission-controlled Wildlife Management Areas. (An exception will remain in place to allow campers to possess and consume alcohol in designated campsites).
- Extend the Black River Flood Prone Zone to the Missouri state line.
- Extend archery deer season through Jan. 31 on Freddie Black Choctaw Island Deer Research Area WMA East Unit.
- Move muzzleloader deer season from October to January on Freddie Black Choctaw Island Deer Research Area WMA East Unit.
- Change the boundary lines of White Rock, Piney Creek, Ozark National Forest, Lee Creek, Magazine and Sylamore WMAs and make the boundaries readily available via AGFC’s interactive online map.
Written comments may be mailed by March 1 to the AGFC, Attn: Hunting Regulations Proposals, 2 Natural Resources Drive, Little Rock, AR 72205.